Cerritos General Plan
Updated January 30, 2014
JUMP TO: Complete General Plan
Cerritos' General Plan was adopted by the City Council on January 6, 2004. A General Plan Environmental Impact Report (EIR) accompanies the General Plan, and was certified by the City Council on January 6, 2004.
We are required by California State law to adopt a General Plan that provides the policy framework for the long-term physical development of our community. Our General Plan expresses our community's development goals and provides specific public policy relative to the public and private uses of land in our community. Our General Plan links our community values, visions and objectives with the way we utilize our public and private land and other community resources. It is comprehensive and long-term, and provides the primary guidance for specific projects, policy actions or programs that may occur in the future.
Our General Plan contains ten Elements. State law requires us to include seven mandatory Elements, including: Land Use, Circulation, Housing, Conservation, Open Space, Noise and Safety. State law also allows us to include optional Elements. We have included three optional Elements as part of this General Plan, including: Growth Management, Air Quality and Community Design.
All files are in PDF format.
- Complete General Plan (35 MB)
- Chapter 0.0: Table of Contents
- Chapter 1.0: Introduction and Purpose
- Chapter 2.0: Land Use
- Chapter 3.0: Community Design
- Chapter 4.0: Circulation
- Chapter 5.0: Housing
- Chapter 6.0: Safety
- Chapter 7.0: Conservation
- Chapter 8.0: Open Space / Recreation
- Chapter 9.0: Air Quality
- Chapter 10: Noise
- Chapter 11: Growth Management
- Chapter 12: Glossary
- Chapter 13: Implementation
- General Plan Environmental Impact Report (EIR) (10 MB)
- Complete General Plan and EIR Appendices (27 MB)
- Cover, Title, and Table of Contents
- Appendix A: Existing and Buildout Land Use Projects
- Appendix B: Traffic Analysis
- Appendix C: Air Quality Model Runs
- Appendix D: Noise Model Runs
- Appendix E: Notice of Preparation (NOP) and NOP Responses
- Appendix F: Correspondence
- Appendix G: Fiscal Sustainability Study
- Appendix H: Housing Element